Award-winning pastel artist creating portraits, still lifes and landscapes
Janis Langley's pastel paintings have been juried into numerous shows, won awards in Martha's Vineyard/Cape Cod and Texas, and are part of private collections in both areas. Her work is carried at the Old Sculpin Gallery in Martha's Vineyard and has been featured in other galleries on the Cape. She is featured in galleries and shows in Texas in addition.
She focuses on commissioned portraits, especially for children, as well as figure painting. Her work on Cape Cod focuses on beloved sights such as lighthouses, the carousel, jumpers off "Jaws Bridge" and the local Wampanoag Indians. Recent work in Texas has focused on cattle, sheep and goats.
Galleries and Exhibitions
• Cultural Center of Cape Cod
• Dragonfly Gallery, Martha’s Vineyard
• L’Elegance, Martha’s Vineyard
• San Antonio Public Library
• Coppini Gallery, San Antonio
• The Bright Shawl, San Antonio
• Georgetown Public Library
• Round Rock Art Space
• Corridor of Art, Austin
• North Hills Gallery, Austin
• Austin Country Club
• Westwood Country Club, Austin